Academus Independent is an online British mainstream secondary school successfully delivering education to learners worldwide as well as England. Enrolling for Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and A’ level classes including some spaces for term starting September 2012.
British Ofsted/ ISI framework compliant
- Subject Specialist teachers with enhanced CRB Checks
- British National curriculum at Key stage 3, 4 and 5
- Full academic timetable accessible from anywhere with a PC and broadband internet
- Flexible, Cost effective education delivered to your doorstep.
- Students who join Academus Independent join for a diverse range of reasons to meet their very unique needs and therefore make unique and long lasting friendships the world over.
- Key stage 3 (Year 7 and 8) teaching the National curriculum including English, Mathematics, Humanities, Science and ICT
- Key Stage 3 (year 9) teaching the National curriculum including English, Mathematics, Humanities, Science and ICT
- Key Stage 4 subjects include GCSEs and iGCSEs in Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computing, English Language, English Literature, French, History, ICT, Latin, Maths, Physics, Religious Studies, Sociology.
- Key Stage 5 includes GCEs in Accounting Business studies, Biology, Computing, English, French, Film Studies, History, Maths and Further Maths, Latin, Law, Media studies, Physics, Sociology.
The Academus Independent platform is simple to use with individual login to all the resources including a live timetable that links to online, live, safe and secure classrooms. All teachers are subject specialists with enhanced CRB checks who deliver a robust curriculum that is relevant and engaging. Academus is presently developing a series of recorded lessons with resources for revision and these will also be available to all students who are registered with Academus Independent.
- Academus Independent offers a good pastoral system to support both parents and students.
- Parent and students can see hourly reports on Attendance, Engagement and Attainment for early intervention.
- Termly Reports sent to parents/guardians and half termly comments shared with students to support, guide and encourage students.
- Subject specialist teachers with enhanced CRB Checks
- Regular classroom observations for a high quality subject delivery
- Regular staff development and training to support staff in delivering a high quality provision
- All lessons recorded to keep a consistent quality provision delivery.
- Full pastoral support for all students.
All secondary school students spend seven years of what is a very crucial period in their education lives. Learning is an art and a skill that each student will develop during these years and use for the rest of their lives. The first step is doing well at GCSEs which in turn is an essential first step in being able to choose A’ levels that will lead each student into their career choice at university and the world of work. Academus Independent supports you to support your children in being confident, self-assured and able young people who achieve their full potential. Send for your pack at email@example.com