Specialists in car, home, and life insurance cover for expats living in France. Our British... Find out more...
Consular Services in Poitou-Charentes
Information about consular services available in Poitou-Charentes, including registration of births and help in emergencies...
Most countries have an Embassy or Consular Offices in Paris to deal with matters affecting their own nationals living in or visiting France. The UK and US also offer some consular services in Poitou-Charentes.
The UK Consulate-General in Bordeaux has jurisdiction over the region.
- Registration of births
- Information on transferring money between the UK and France
- Providing help in the event of accident, hospitalisation or violent assault
- Providing details of local lawyers, interpreters, doctors and funeral directors;
- Offering support and contacting friends in a variety of other extreme or distressing situations
- British Consulate-General Bordeaux
At: 353 boulevard du president Wilson,
33073 Bordeaux Cedex
Tel: 05 57 22 21 10
Fax: 05 56 08 33 12
Open to the public: Monday to Friday, 09:30-12:00 and 14:00-16:30
The US Consulate Section at the Embassy in Paris has jurisdiction over the region. There is also an issuing post in Bordeaux.